This call for applications is for the 2019/2020 edition of The Chevening Scholarship Awards. Chevening is the UK Government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders and influencers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
6 Nov 2018
- Tuition fees
- Economy travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only
- An arrival allowance
- The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only
- A departure allowance
- A contribution of up to £75 for TB testing, where this is required
- A travel top up allowance
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. These rates are subject to annual review. Stipend payments will be made to you on or around the 21st of the month for the following full month. Where you arrive in the UK or leave the UK part way through the month, the stipend for that month will be adjusted as appropriate.
OTHER KEY DATES
From 7 November 2018
Sifting of applications against eligibility criteria
Mid-November to December 2018
Independent reading committees assess eligible applications
January to early February 2019
Applicants are shortlisted for interviews by the British Embassies/High Commissions in-country
By mid-February 2019
Applicants are notified that they have been selected for interview
25 February 2019
Deadline for applicants invited to interview to submit references and undergraduate certificates
4 March to 1 May 2019
Global interview period
Early June 2019
Announcement of interview results
11 July 2019
Deadline for UK university unconditional offers
11 July 2019
Deadline for meeting English language requirement
Note that while some organisers may accept applications from all around the world, you may still be required to travel to the host country in order to take part in the later stages of a competition for instance, or you may be required to live there for a period of time to take part in a funded programme (e.g. scholarship, incubator, accelerator).
LOG IN and discover
up to 76 incredible competitions worth over $141,032,091.00!!!
Kwara Film Festival
The Kwara Film Festival (KFF) aims to celebrate the art of film making and the contributions of film makers in Kwara State by hosting a National Film Festival that will educate, inform and entertain young film creatives, Entrepreneurs and also devel....