The Open Up Challenge is a new challenge prize run by Nesta situated at the forefront of the open banking transformation.
They are inviting talented teams - fintechs, data scientists and others – to take this unique opportunity to develop next-generation services, apps and tools that create game-changing value for United Kingdom (UK) small businesses. In doing so, the goal is to drive greater transparency, choice and innovation for small business customers.
31 May 2017
The Open Up Challenge is a £5,000,000 (five million pound) prize fund:
- In the Innovation Stage you’ll get a £50,000 (fifty thousand pound) development grant up-front, and then share in a £1,000,000 (one million pound) reward pot if you’re one of up to ten successful Stage 1 prize winners.
- If you successfully enter the Market Ready Stage you’ll get a development grant from a pot of £500,000 (five hundred thousand pounds) for up to five teams, plus a share of a £2,000,000 (two million pound) pot if you are one of the final three Stage 2 prize winners.
EXCLUSIVE EARLY-STAGE ACCESS TO DATA
- You’ll get access to their Data Sandbox, containing one of the largest anonymised UK banking transaction datasets ever released, and APIs aligned with the forthcoming Open Banking standard.
- Use the Data Sandbox to securely build and test your product so you can hit the ground running in 2018.
- You’ll be able to access technical support provided by leading practitioners – covering legal and regulatory considerations, data, user experience and more – to help you get market ready.
They also have travel stipends for two people per team to come to London to pitch.
23 March 2017: Applications open.
5 July 2017: Stage 1 development grant winners notified.
10 July 2017: Open Up Data Sandbox goes live.
9 – 30 November 2017: Window for Stage 1 finalists due diligence, including interviews.
7 December: Pitching day in London.
15 December: Stage 1 prize awards made.
Credit: Open Up Challenge
Date Added: 11 Apr 2017
The Longitude Prize on Dementia aims to drive the creation of personalised, technology-based tools that are co...
Deadline: 26 Jan 2023
Afri-Plastics Challenge (Strand 3) seeks the creation of campaigns, schemes, tools and other creative interven...
Deadline: 16 Feb 2022
LOG IN and discover up to 94 incredible competitions worth over $130,150,303.00!!!
The Anthology Short Story Competition was set up to recognise and encourage creative writing and provide a platform for publication.....
Get the Free Competition Info App on Google Play and Find Incredible Competitions on the go!
Want up to 10 recommended opportunities sent to you once a quarter for free?