The Techstars Alabama EnergyTech Accelerator is a programme which focuses on startups addressing innovative electrical and utility solutions. In 2021 this program hopes to run in-person, dependent on COVID-19 conditions.
12 May 2021
- $120,000 investment in your startup. (Techstars contributes $20,000, which is commonly used as a stipend to support living expenses during the programme; Every company is also offered an optional $100,000 convertible note)
- Access to Techstars resources for life.
- Acceleration in a 90-day Techstars mentor-based Accelerator programme with personal mentorship and office space.
- Lifetime access to the Techstars worldwide network of entrepreneurs including more than 10,000 mentors; 10,0000 investors; 1,600 alumni companies and 200 staff members.
- Access to over $400,000 of cash equivalent hosting, accounting and legal support –plus other credits and perks worth more than $1,000,000.
- Demo Day exposure and other investor connections.
in return for 6% equity of your company.
OTHER KEY DATES
Sep 13 2021: Start of the Programme
Dec 9 2021: Demo Day
Note that while some organisers may accept applications from all around the world, you may still be required to travel to the host country in order to take part in the later stages of a competition for instance, or you may be required to live there for a period of time to take part in a funded programme (e.g. scholarship, incubator, accelerator).